It has always been limited to gather in the fine dining restaurants during occasions without realising that we can also gather in the home’s dining hall. Did you know that a dining room actually gives more pleasure than just taking a meal in there. It is a place where people spend long times to bond with the family and friends while dining together; probably better than any other places.
It would be one good area with wonderful atmosphere and design sense to dine and gather in as we can create the 5-star restaurant’s ambience at home with a little more effort in enhancing the dining design, atmosphere, table settings, utensils and the list goes on…
For many, the dining area consists of a dining table only. However, a proper dining area should have a servery next to the dining table. This often-forgotten item goes a long way in holding many necessary dining items. Ideally, a servery should have trays, half a dozen glasses, basic cutlery, coffee, tea and wine. Homeowners who invest in a servery will find their dining experience more pleasurable and hosting easier.
Here are reasons why:
• It holds your cutlery, meals, water and add-ons.
• Most people love having a bouquet of flowers, sculpture or a decorative bowl on their dining table. When dinner time comes, transfer all these things easily onto the servery.
• Replenish food and water easily.
• You will be able to eat better when there is adequate place to hold main dishes instead of constantly adjusting dishes. During dinner hosting, later-course dishes can be kept on the servery top.
• Enjoy meals peacefully when you need not walk to and fro the kitchen for items like tissue paper and extra water.
• As a setting of a table takes up a lot of space, a servery is handy by holding many dining table items that will come in throughout the meal.
• “Believe it or not, good lighting makes your food tastier…”
• Create ambience through lighting. A raucous party will enjoy brighter cheerful lights while a smaller dinner crowd may appreciate dimmer lights.
• Food that lacks colour or presentation lessens eating enthusiasm. Indirect lighting can hide these flaws. Your visual senses send a signal to your brain that well-presented food must taste good, and thus, food tastes better.
• Also, do not forget to always use dimmer dining room lights. Focus your dining table surface with ceiling down lights as it will reduce the glare from diner’s eyes.